Advice on travelling in Australia:
- Super glue, soy milk and Red Bull will save your life.
- Surfboard bags make awesome sleeping bags.
- Cornflakes mixed with leftover rice and jam do not make a good breakfast.
- Sex in a dorm room is never a good idea.
- Bare feet are the best shoes you own.
- Dingoes will not make good friends.
- If not showered in 5 days or more, it is acceptable to do anything to regain personal hygiene.
- Ask yourself “Will I regret it if I don’t do this?” with everything you do.
Who is this dag?
Hello, I’m Ainslie, 5’2″, clumsy and very hyperactive. I will also respond to Short-stuff, Midget or Leprechaun if used in a friendly enough fashion.
I live in the ridiculously small country Holland (yes, the one with the weed and windmills). When I was 22 I left home to travel round Australia for three months. It is now the 26th of January 2012, I am now 25 and I got back a week ago today. Let’s just say I like to do things my way
I believe that everything happens for a reason (cheesy but true) and I prefer to act first before I think. Other than that I like to think of myself as optimistic, open-minded, impulsive and a very happy person who generally believes you can achieve anything in life as long as you believe in it.
What’s up with this blog?
I have written diaries full of my very unexpected, extended, life-changing, adventure. Some of it was good and some of it makes me cringe when I think back at it. But all in all, it was done without regrets and always having life’s surprising ways and frantic whirls of joy in mind. My next goal in life is to study journalism/creative writing and what better way than starting right here!